Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wednesday, May 28, 2014/ TED talk

It was Ivan's day today, and he brought a very nice snack for the class—drinkable yogurts, meat and cheese sandwiches, apples, strawberries. It was also Jacob's birthday and he brought in brownies to share. Tomorrow will be Jacob's day for sharing.



Our music teacher, Andrew was ill today so we used the time to watch an instructional animated video about blending words. Most of the class really knows how to blend CVC words now.

We talked about the vowels they mentioned in the video (A, E, I, O, and U) as well as the vowel they failed to mention: Y. I wanted the kids to know that every word (with very rare exceptions) has to have one of those vowels in it.

During centers I'm working on report cards. They'll be done within the week.

As you know, I talk a lot about being safe in kindergarten. I recently ran across this TED talk which discusses how leadership involves keeping people feeling safe and included. I hope teachers who read this blog will find 12 minutes to watch it.

No comments: