Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hanging Up

Not having a smart phone is one of the smartest moves I've made. Staying off of Facebook is another. Social media does not connect us. It isolates us.

The kids I see in kindergarten know this. Sadly, at this point, kindergarten kids cannot remember a time before smartphones. All their lives they have had to make do with parents whose attention is divided between them and those ubiquitous little handheld computers.

Spending less time online is one of the intentions I have as a retiree. With this in mind, this blog, Mr. Kindergarten, will become dormant in just over a month when I retire. Starting on Sunday, June 8  I'll become an ex-blogger. I intend to spend more time away from computers and technology generally.

Here, watch this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Thank you for inspiring me to become a better person and kindergarten teacher. I stumbled upon your blog about a year and a half ago. I check it a few times a week to help me with perspective. Enjoy your retirement and be well.
Gracias,
Jorge

Dan Gurney said...

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say, Jorge. It makes me happy to learn that you find something of value here.