Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Power of Imagination

Here's a tip for teachers and parents.

The power of the imagination is something our elders have known for a long time. As a kindergarten teacher I regularly encourage my students to exercise their imaginations. It's one of those things I keep coming back to and use.

For example, before starting a painting, I often ask the class to imagine painting their pictures before they begin to handle the materials. Similarly, before attempting to write a letter or a word, I often ask them to imagine writing before picking up the pencil or the chalk. I've seen this technique result in better work.

Here is a video that presents a scientific interpretation of what's going on when the imagination is used.



Enjoy!


And remember, treat your imagination to a little outing today.

No comments: