Monday, June 4, 2012

Sneak Peek

Today all the grades paid a quick visit to the grade above them so as to get a "sneak peek" at the classroom and teacher next fall.

I am so enmeshed in assessments that I completely forgot about it. The sixth grade class walked in while I was giving a DIBELS assessment to one of my students.




The rest of the class was having "choice time" in the room.

After sending the kindergartners to visit Ms. Buckner in her first grade room, I asked our sixth graders if they would prefer having an "Flashback to Kindergarten" rather than my usual conversation about memories of kindergarten.

Not surprisingly, they chose to revisit kindergarten play in reality as opposed to talking about it and so that's what we did.

Most of the sixth grade girls congregated around the play dough table...




While most of the boys got into the blocks and little cars.


I think they had a better time after all. Sometimes you cannot plan your best lessons. They just happen.



No comments: