Friday, March 9, 2012

Please Help! Missing Rocking Chair

The kindergarten rocking chair that was a prop in the teacher's act at last Saturday's Pasta Night at the Petaluma Veteran's Hall is missing.

The missing rocker is made of maple with a caned back. It looks similar to the photo below, but has a carved solid maple seat.

Similar to this, but with solid maple seat and simpler top rail

It is not at the Veteran's Hall (we've looked). It is not anywhere at school....

The missing rocking chair has great sentimental value to me. I bought it in 1984 for my wife when she was pregnant with our first child. It has seen service in the kindergarten quiet room for the past several years—where I've had many parent conferences.

If you can help get it back to me I will be very grateful.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gurney

Did the chair leave the Vet's building? My family and I were in the Golden Eagle shopping center in Petaluma after the performance and the kids spotted Mr. Hansen's truck parked in the lot w/the chairs in the back. Just wondering if it was in the back of that truck and somehow may still be in that area? Just a thought, hope it's recovered.

Lisa Poncia

Dan Gurney said...

Thank you, Lisa. That's a thought. I wasn't aware that the truck carrying rocking chairs might have been left in a parking lot. I'll ask Mr. Hanson.