Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ahh, thankfully we're getting near to the end of the DIBELS reading assessments. It takes me almost 20 minutes per student to administer these assessments, so it always feels like kind of a push to get them all done. They are intended to help me figure out who needs more instruction, and, in a way they do, but mostly they simply confirm what I already knew or at least strongly suspected in the first place about who's getting it and who's not. But they must be done....

I just finished planning the next round of centers and I'm looking forward to them. This period of time between the winter holiday and spring break is a fun time to teach because the kindergartners make so much progress in these months.

Mrs. Everson took the day off to help chaperone a field trip to Safari West. Kelly Simonis, the substitute teacher who filled in for me during conferences in November, capably filled in for Mrs. Everson.

Oranges can make you smile.

It was Bella's day to bring snack and a story. She brought The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter and the students seemed to enjoy that classic and enduring story.


No comments: