Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday, December 16, 2011

I am grateful that so many fathers volunteer in kindergarten. It's good for the students, both boys and girls to have the opportunity to get to know men within their kindergarten classroom. Thanks to all the fathers and grandfathers who donate time to our cause here.

Caleb's and Tyler's dads were on hand today


In math we explored large geometrical shapes: triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, rhombuses, and even a trapezoid. We made these shapes with a length of blue rope and even with our bodies:

A triangle of boys
At the end of the day we got to spend a few minutes outside in the glorious winter sunshine. We finished the day with a quick read of a favorite new book, the one I mentioned yesterday.

Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes
The moral of this story (a moral which I think is lost on most kindergartners, but a good one for us grown ups to keep in mind) is this:

No matter what you step in,
Keep walking along
And sing your song....
because it's all good.

With that, I wish you a wonderful weekend. My plan is to take my kayak out on Tomales Bay, north towards the mouth of it, with my paddling buds.

Be well.

And remember, it's all good.

1 comment:

Alicia Petersen said...

Well said!! Agree with all of the above! Thank you for your wisdom! Good for the parents too! =)