Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, October 3, 2011

We started off the day by performing some songs and dances for all the other students at Dunham at our monthly assembly. Our performance earned some hearty applause from the audience. (Sorry, no pictures—I was conducting the performance.

The whole crew was here today, all 30 of us if you count Mrs. Everson and me. It was good to have Diana and Cale back after a long time away.

In anticipation of a bike day, a number of students showed up in green shirts and many others with shirts that have some green in them. Here we are, seventeen in green:

More than half the class!


As we went out for recess, we hoped for good weather—at least not rainy weather. It is bike day, you know. Sadly, rain fell soon after we went outside at early recess. It kept raining all through the morning. It was okay; we got to play indoors.

Ian's dad, Patrick, stayed to help with one of the centers, a paper airplane center. He made some fantastic planes. He had a good time and promised to come again.


Ian's dad, Patrick's, group
Our clean up routines have really kicked in. Not much for me to do, other than admire the work they're doing as they wash the dishes, spray and wipe the tables, pick up litter the floor. Here's today's clean up crew doing their work so well:



I hope you're had a good weekend. Looks like we're in for a spell of rainy weather. I went paddling yesterday on the Petaluma river with some paddling buds. We had lunch at Dempsey's after. Fun!


5 comments:

Alicia Petersen said...

Caleb is asking me about a song and he says you played it for them in school today (tuesday)? Hey monaria? I'm sure the spelling is off =), that's all I could understand!
Any help would be great! We have music going all the time in this house and it would be fun to play a song he would like to hear!
Thank you

Alicia Petersen said...

HA!!! We found it Macarena! We did the dance together and he loved it!!

Dan Gurney said...

Caleb is talking about the Macarena. I played it just a little and introduced it as a dance we'll do later.

I made up my own backstory about the Macarena involving cowboys to interest the boys and get them to learn it with some enthusiasm.

I also made up a new song just this morning called Saying Please and Thank You" and we're learning it. Gee, they already sound pretty good. We'll have to have another performance.

Alicia Petersen said...

Caleb loves all the songs. He sings them to me a lot. Wish I knew all the words so I could sing along with him! =)

Dan Gurney said...

I hope to find time to do a YouTube video of my latest song, the one I wrote a breakfast this morning. If I do, I'll post it to the blog.