Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ring Around the Rosey

One more day before the Labor Day weekend.

We will transition from our "Back to School" routines into something closer to our regular classroom schedule when we come back to school on September 6. On that Tuesday, parents who have volunteered to help out with instruction in the first hour of the day will stay with us to help with an art project.

We will start our individual centers next week, either on Wednesday, September 7 or Thursday, September 8. I hope to entice a few more volunteers to stay to join the line up on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Friday is the only day where we have filled out our roster.

Meanwhile, we have almost finished our bean names. They'll be up on the walls by early next week. They look good.

Students are getting into the swing of things really well. Today, as before, the plate washing bogged down a bit (my song idea flopped) but the kindergartners who washed, rinsed, and racked their plates early wanted to play "Ring Around the Rosey," so I took my ukulele off the wall and, well, we had a blast. Somehow the kitchen work seemed less captivating. The dishes got washed and everyone joined in the fun.

Ring Around the Rosey

We all fall down!
 Don't ask me how I played the uke and took photos at the same time. I don't know how I did it.




Mondays and Thursdays are bike days. (You can tell by my green shirt.) Tanner brought his green bike. The class did a great job putting away all the bikes, so there will be more bikes for them to ride next week.


No comments: