Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday, April 21, 2011: Send 'em to school hungry

Tomorrow will be a first in kindergarten: the room parents are serving a pancake breakfast to the kindergarten. I've heard rumors there may be some creative bunny rabbit pancakes appearing on the griddle. So, please, send 'em to school hungry!

like the note here says....
What a great day! The sun was out and our school is tucked away in such a pretty little corner of the world, especially in spring. At lunch I took a minute and walked down the road a little ways and snapped these three pictures of our school's immediate environment.

Gossage creek on its way to the Russian River

looking southwest

and a little more west. So pretty in spring
The miracles of springtime outside find their way indoors, too.

Bailey provided snack this morning of bagels and cream cheese, carrots and dip. The students ate heartily.


We celebrated her summer birthday and sang Samantha in too, since they share their birthday. Mom provided the yummiest treat: a tasty cookie covered in organic ice cream (was that Mimi's Mud ice cream from Screamin' Mimi's in Sebastopol??). Whatever it was, oh my it just hit the spot.

Two bites and I was looking for my camera!
Mollie demonstrated her mastery of the Soundabet sight words to everyone's delight.

Mollie breezed through them with ease.


Then, later on in the afternoon in KIDS Club, Alexis showed me mastery of the King's cards. Yeah! She worked hard and she did it. I'm so proud of her. I know her nana, mom, dad, and brothers will share in the joy of reaching this milestone.




Alexis invited two friends to do some victory laps on bicycles in celebration. A fine day, a fine way to celebrate the achievement, and some happiness to share with friends from daycare. Ryan and Elena joined us for the fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexis' mom, dad, brother's, aunt's and nana are all so very proud! Yay Alexis!!!! Thank you!

Dan Gurney said...

You're welcome. I'm so glad she's learned them all... now, on the the Queen's deck.

Anonymous said...

hi mr gurney,
I'm having lots of fun in Germany but I miss my friends in Kindergarten.
Happy Easter everyone!
Lilly

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Lilly!!!

So good to hear from you. We are missing you very much. I am so glad you are having fun in Germany. I can't wait to hear your report when you get back.

I hope you will write again!!

Best regards,

Mr. Gurney