Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rieley's Book

So this morning Rieley handed me a book. It was written and illustrated by Rieley in light pencil. Unedited and as fresh as an early morning cinnamon roll at the bakery, he crafted it by hand of paper and scotch tape, imagination and love.

Here is a literal transcription of his writing. My interpretation follows:

[cover]
Rieley’s BOOK OF STUFF AT SCHOOL

[page one]
Today is Wisday
I did AT wth my butee TODAY
HAY MR GERNEY I CAN SPELL YOU


[page 2]
TODAY is THRSDAY
I DID DRAMA
TODAY


[page 3]
TODAY IS FRIDAY
I DID TODAY
I PAYED TODAY




[back cover]
THE END
UV Rieley’s
SOREE TODAY
*********************************************
Rieley's Book of Stuff at School

Today is Wednesday. I did art with my buddy today. Hey, Mr. Gurney, I can spell "you."

Today is Thursday. I did drama today.

Today is Friday. I did today. I played today

The End of Rieley’s story today

No comments: