Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday, February 18, 2011

Another wonderful day with lots of learning and happiness, or maybe the other way 'round as happiness helps to create the conditions needed for optimal learning.

Yesterday I mentioned having Alyssa's sister, Natasha, come to kindergarten for a day of help. At that time I thought that it was for one-day only. So you may imagine how pleased I was when she asked if she could come back again for day two.

Here's a picture of Natasha holding the Dunham Outstanding citizen plaque that is on display in the Community Room:

I think you're wonderful, Natasha. Thank you!


Here's the news of the day. Lilly was the person. We enjoyed her book, More Parts by Tedd Arnold. We tried a new dance, or perhaps I should say the students were excited to revisit a dance most of them learned before coming here: Ring Around the Rosy. Before too long, I'll bet we add London Bridge and  Musical Chairs to our list of dances.  (Yes, I know you might say that neither are dances, per se, but both are movin' to music, so they qualify in my book.)

Click on photo for a closer look.


Okay, for homework over the weekend, have your child read this message to you.
Be well

3 comments:

Mrs. Pearce said...

Hi Dan! I would like to recognize you with the "Stylish Blog Award." Thanks for having such an awesome blog and sharing your love of teaching!

Jan Pearce

http://icanyoucantoucanclass.blogspot.com

Dan Gurney said...

Thank you, Mrs. Pearce!

S. Parker said...

Thanks for inspiring! I awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award.

www.learningwithmrsparker.blogspot.com