Monday, November 15, 2010

Elena Rides a Two Wheeler

Here's the news of the day:

The patterns written about here was an ABC pattern using small colored blocks of wood. Everyone was successful in adding to the pattern. (It was today's math lesson!)

Hudson requested that Archy address the class before snack. I had no idea what Archy was going to say, but he talked about the beautiful warm (78° F!) weather we're having here in Northern California. He suggested that I take a walk on the beach after work.

Elena learned to ride a two wheeler today. She basically taught herself as far as we can tell. Mrs. Everson was the adult in closest proximity to Elena's success and wouldn't take much credit for teaching her this new skill. I served as photographer to record the event for all to see:

One of Elena's first rides
I've gotten smart enough to listen to Archy, so, as he suggested, I drove out to Doran Beach on my way home from work today for an hour's walk along the Pacific.

How often is it that warm and pleasant out there? Not so often, really.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I LOVE how at your school your kinders get to ride bikes! What a great thing to do!

Dan Gurney said...

Thanks for chiming in, Gina! Yes, we're pretty lucky to ride bikes. We do it Mondays and Thursdays. Like many of the kids in my class, I always look forward to those days, especially when they're warm and sunny, like it was Monday.