Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back by Popular Demand: Find the Missing Soundabets

Another day gone by so fast! And I get to play with my strum chums this evening. Life is good.

We went into the garden got instructions....

Packed fragrant lavender into mesh bags....









Sorted sunflower seeds....



Picked up more than the usual amount of trash from the playground....



And read the news of the day. There was a whole math lesson not described here involving dice. Maybe you can ask you child about it.

As before, I deliberately left TWO soundabets unmarked. If your child can find both of them and correctly identify both of them in the comments section, and be among the first five to do so, they'll be in the band tomorrow.



Good news! There are more ukuleles on the way. Our band will expand! I will have time (I hope) to more fully describe this news in a weekend post.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gurney,

I found the missing soundabets. The word finished has "sh" in it and it is on there two times.

Hannah

Anonymous said...

THIS IS Rieley AND Gavin.we think the two are the'sh' and the 'Th'. SEE YOU TOMORROW MR.gurney.

Anonymous said...

Samantha and Bailey believe they found the two missing soundabets. It is the "sh" in finished and the "th" in they. See you tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gurney the missing soundabet is the "sh" in the word finished and the "th" in the word they. Makayla

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gurney I found the "sh" in the word finished and the "th" in the word they without a square around it. Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gurney, this is Sam. There are three sounds missing. Two "sh" from the word finished and one "th from the word they. Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gurney its Cameran I found the missing "sh" in finiSHed and the "th" in the word THey.
~Cameran White

Anonymous said...

Jackson says it is the "th" and "sh" too.

Anonymous said...

do you think that sometimes we could do the contest in class before band time?

Dan Gurney said...

Whoa. I'm just back from my ukulele group. It's late. So let's see.... Hannah, Rieley, Gavin, Samantha, Bailey, (and runners up Makayla, Alyssa, Sam, Cameran, Jackson). We'll need that larger band. I'm asking Santa for some ukes.

Cathrine said...

so excited to find you and your blogs :-)

there is much here for me to read :-)

thank you

love to you from a mindful, tree loving, kindergarten working photographer and poet from Norway ;-)

Dan Gurney said...

cool, Carthrine. I'm glad you've found me, too.