Thursday, October 14, 2010

Give the Gift of Music

Give the gift of music, and.... well, read on.

Today was Justin's day.

We also worked in our workbooks and rode bikes.


The highlight of this day was probably going out to the garden to harvest some sunflower seeds and package them for taking home to your garden or community garden.

I sure wish experiences like these had been a part of my kindergarten year when I was five.

In any event, I do remember my kindergarten teacher using celery and a cup of dyed water to show how water moves up the stalk of the plant. We passed that lesson along today.

This photo was taken immediately after setting up the experiment.

After lunch a second grader came by to sing me a song that she composed.

A fringe benefit of teaching kindergarten is a seven year old serenade

Rylee's song was completely charming and it had a good message, too.

Whover got the idea to spell natcher n-a-t-u-r-e??
Probably someone who didn't know how it should have been spelled!

No comments: