Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday, October 22, 2010

Our first rainy day!

Something fishy.

Our forty-sixth day–we're in the second quarter of the year.

The morning's song was "The Muffin Man."
Of course we cannot sing a song without altering it to make it our own. We sang about the doughnut man, the bagel man, the pumpkin man, the hot dog man, the pizza man, and so on. If the suggested food item had two "beats" or syllables we would sing "Yes I know the doughnut man."

If the suggested food item had some other number of syllables, we would sing, "No, I don't know the celery man," thus making the song a fun and sneaky way to practice phonemic awareness skills.


Ask about George's secret clubhouse.

We played "Monster Squeeze."


Inside recess time

Fine motor fun

We had a good day. A rainy weekend awaits.

With apologies to my readers in Philadelphia (a city I grew to love when my daughter lived there) as well as other people who live east of the Rockies, Go Giants!

No comments: