Friday, October 29, 2010

Ahh-la-ween

What a great Halloween it was in kindergarten today.

Room moms Sonja, Sherry, and Julie and their many helpers put on the most pleasant and enjoyable classroom party imaginable. The kids has a wonderful time and so did their teacher. One of my kindergarten teacher friends isn't allowed to spend more than 30 minutes on Halloween. What a shame! To deny five year old children the sort of fun we enjoyed today is difficult for me to understand.

Anyway, we had a fantastic time. I think I'll just show you 40 of the photos that were taken on my camera today to try to convey the fun:

Ryan's weighing his options here.

Dan, Dan, the Pasta man.

Room moms kibbitzing

Bailey's plane


Quinn's craft


Ivan's interceptor

Design and build your own imaginative flying machine

A rainbow fish?

Octopus

Bluefin tuna




A ten-second lesson in the C-chord on ukulele

And we're making music!!






Sonja sewed these seat-backer trick-or-treat bags.



The Monster Mash!



First grade poetry recital

Scary snack

An apple with nuts stuck in his teeth


Halloween crafts






The parade happened after all...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really was such a wonderful a day, we had soo much fun! It would not have been nearly as successful without all the contributions from the parents. A big THANK YOU to everyone that helped!

Happy Halloween!!
Sonja

Dan Gurney said...

Thanks, Sonja. Yes. This was all about the contributions of the parents. I cannot say how happy I am to be given so much support.

Linda Taylors said...

hi moms and dads,

Taking into account the fact that this blog post is dedicated to kids so I just would like to ask opinions of child behavior experts what they think about such educational iPhone game as Kinder Hangman – http://sharkfuel.com/kinderhangman.html Is this game really so helpful for developing skills of kids? I am a mother myself, so just would like to know if this game can help me repare kids for school? Any ideas?