Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 29: Bailey's Day

When I wake up on Wednesdays I always give a little cheer, "Yeah! It's Wednesday!! I get to sing with Andrew!!! Andrew is our music teacher and he's just one of the very best in the business.

I dis some more cheering this morning because Mrs. Gronlund, my student teacher, is doing such a fabulous job running the classroom. She's so capable. Meanwhile, behind the shoji screen, I'm getting around to some long-neglected clutter removal. It feels good to unload the accumulations of unused instructional materials. (Shh—don't tell anyone that most of the stuff I'm tossing hasn't been used in 30 years.)

I'm supposed to stay out of the way, but I had to sneak in and snatch a photo of her math lesson.

Here she is teaching the class about coins.



She had the class sort them and helped them learn about their names.





At the end of the day, I grabbed my ukulele and joined in the fun. It would have been torture for me to stay away.



Here's Andrew and me with the kindergarten and first grade singing our hearts out.

No comments: