Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 15: Homework Starts Tonight

Tonight is the first opportunity to do homework. The directions for the homework are on the page in the homelinks book, shown here. This is homework your child can do in the bathtub.




Today Jackson brought in The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. I read it to the class after we did a math lesson similar to the work you'll do at home tonight.

We also enjoyed our first music lesson with Andrew, our music teacher. We sang three songs, "My Body Makes Music," "You Sing a Song" and "This-Away-That-Away."  I will practice these songs with the class between now and next Wednesday when we see Andrew again.


As the chart suggests, we also worked in our Handwriting Books on the letter capital F.

Here are some photos I took during our math lesson on volume.

6 comments:

Heather Grima said...

Sam told me how much we loved learning the music lesson today. He emphasized several time how much fun it was. Thank you for making Kindergarden such a great experience.

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Heather, thanks for commenting. Andrew is truly one of the best music teachers in the business today. I'm glad Sam enjoyed it!

Carolyn Perry said...

We are right around the same place in Everyday Math. Just did the shape collage. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love to see other teachers classrooms!

Melody White said...

Cameran came home today so excited to learn more about volume and and telling me all about the letter F! Thanks for making learning so much FUN!

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Carolyn,

Thanks for leaving a comment. Glad you enjoy the peeks into this kindergarten.

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Melody,

I'm so glad you're leaving comments. I hope other parents will follow your lead. I'm glad that Cameran came home talking excitedly about school. I'm glad to make it fun. When it's fun, I have fun, too!