Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mr. Gurney in New York City

Some of the students asked me to show them a picture of where I was last week. I was in New York City to see my daughter graduate with honors from medical school.

She has completed four years of medical school and will begin four years as a resident doctor at our nation's finest public hospital, Belleview Hospital, in New York City. She'll help deliver a lot of babies and help cure a lot of women.

Here's a picture of Mr. Gurney taken last week at his daughter's graduation.

This is what happy looks like.

Jeanette Lendino Gurney, my brother, James Gurney, my daughter, Elizabeth Gurney, M.D., Mr. Gurney, and Sarah Glade Gurney, my wife.
People I've loved for decades.

7 comments:

Barbra Stephens said...

Well goodness gravy! Congratulations to your daughter....You look like you've graduated with honors, too!
Blessings to you and your family! :)

Dan Gurney said...

Thank you, Barbra. I was about as happy as I've ever been.

Barbra Stephens said...

Your welcome. Thanks for sharing this special day.

Corinne said...

Congratulations Mr. Gurney and to that of your daughter as well!!! Seriously, that's tough stuff and you should be incredibly proud!

James Gurney said...

What a proud day! It was exciting to be there as she starts the next part of her work.

Dan Gurney said...

Corinne, Yes, getting through medical school is a lot of work. I think four years as a resident doctor will be demanding, too!

Dan Gurney said...

Jim, I was really glad that you and Jeanette shared in the joy of that moment. Thanks for leaving a comment.