Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Zero Waste lunches and snacks

Kerri Petersen is promoting the sale of reusable containers for lunches. I think it's a great idea. We no longer need to almost fill up a garbage can of trash every day.

When we get back to school, you'll get a flier that looks like this:

This promotion will not only reduce our trash stream, it will save you money in the long term, (you won't need to buy so many plastic bottles of water, plastic bags, throw-away left over containers) and prompt you to pack healthier, homemade foods.

And it's a school fundraiser. Win/win/win.

Here's a link to the website: KidsKonserve.com

I hope everyone's enjoying the spring break and not missing kindergarten too much.

(I'm missing the kids, the singing.)

5 comments:

Kerri Petersen said...

Also, if people want to combine orders, I am happy to do that and we can save on shipping! I know that can be a little expensive.

Anonymous said...

These are great!
Thanks

Dan Gurney said...

Kerri, good idea. I think saving a little money makes sense, as they are not giving these things away. When will you send off the order?

Dan Gurney said...

Hi Anon,

I think so, too. I'm going to order some.

Kerri Petersen said...

Let's collect orders in the classroom until say April 27, and I'll submit that night.