Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What's Going On....

The simplest of building materials can make some pretty interesting structures. Here you see a swooping Art Deco-like wall built by Savannah and her mom, who, some years ago, was a student of mine when I began teaching here. She, the mom, is a teacher and lead singer in a good local country/rock band.



Hunter and Katrina took some time out to play a guitar duet in the "quiet room" which probably ought to get a new name when used this way. I tune the guitars to play a tuneful open "G" chord, something similar to a banjo, so that their strumming sound harmonious. Guitars are very much in demand in the class.


Our Lego set is getting worked up into some pretty interesting vehicles. This is one Justin built today.

The class is really moving now. So many can read and spell and write. It's the most fun time of year. We're all having more fun than school's supposed to be, and what's more, we're learning like crazy. I see there are only 45 more days of kindergarten till summer, and I feel sad. Too soon summer will come.

6 comments:

Dave King said...

Fabulous post. Really interesting and backed up by excellent photographs.

Barbra Stephens said...

Dan, I must say...
I like what's going on....

Deborah (Teach Preschool) said...

Wow - I don't think I could build something quite that elaborate from blocks without surely knocking it over before it was all done!

Dan Gurney said...

Gee, thanks, Dave. I just take the pictures and put them up there.

Dan Gurney said...

Thanks, Barbra. We have a good time in kindergarten. That's the whole idea.

Dan Gurney said...

Deborah, I'm sure you could build some marvelous things. Preschool teachers rock.