Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Report Cards

I'm into the middle of preparing the report cards which will be sent home in Friday's folder. As a whole this class is really, really cooking! The vast majority have got the Soundabet under their belts and all 18 sight words in the kindergarten reading program under their belts and they're rarin' to leap into reading and writing.

I'm using the Math program's end-of-the-year Assessment forms to report to you how your child is doing in math. My overall feeling about using these forms is TMI: too much information. If you see a N/A marked, it only means that I haven't assessed your child on that particular skill as of yet. That's because it's an end-of-the-year form and we're about two-thirds of the way through the year.

When you get the report card, I'd be interested to learn if you'd prefer a simpler format; I'm considering going back to the old format which was easier to fill out and provided enough information.

So I welcome your thoughts when you see it.

No comments: