Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Microscopes and Writing?

One of the best ways to get students interested in writing is to give them something interesting to write about. And, for my money, the most interesting part of the curriculum in school is science.

I got the micrsoscope out today, as I will for the next two weeks or so, so that we can have a close up look at things and then write about them in the writing center. Today Table 1 got to launch inaugurate this center. They were fascinated by what they saw. Here's a picture of their writing, too.

2 comments:

Barbra Stephens said...

I absolutely love this Dan! I would love to see what they wrote.
Yes...I am a Ms. Nosey Parker.
They all look quite pleased with their findings...

Deborah (Teach Preschool) said...

That is a fine set of young scientists and writers you have there! Great point - give them something interesting to write about!