Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lincoln Logs

 
 Got out the Lincoln Logs today and next thing I know some towers appear. It looks like a RAINY week is in store for us, so I'll be bringing out more and more stuff to build with during our rainy day indoor recesses.


Luckily this class gets along well and knows how to share materials and include other people who want to join in, so rainy day recesses go much more smoothly than they might otherwise. It's been a couple of wonderful days back.

This is the time of year when the kindergarten really hums along. The routines and procedures are ingrained; they know each other and what's expected of them and they're ready to build on the foundations laid down in the fall and early winter months. We're going to see lots of reading and writing in the months ahead.

6 comments:

jinksy said...

You make me wish I was there! Hven't got any technical Lego as well, have you?!

Dan Gurney said...

jinksy, stay tuned...

veterankindergartenteacher said...

Hi Dan!

This is my 34th year in education. I retired from the public schools after 31 years and now teach in a private Episcopal K-12 school. I love this time of year as well. My Kindergartners are doing some amazing writing. Interested in writing letters back and forth either individually or a large class letter?

Dan Gurney said...

Hi Veteran,

Congratulations on your career! Large class letter, sure. Are you far away from California.

Dan

VKT said...

I am in Raleigh NC. Large class letter works for us...let me know if you are interested! I think our kids would really enjoy it!

Dan Gurney said...

Hi VKT. We're in California. E-mail me and I'll send you our address. I promise we will respond if you send us a large class letter.