Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shangri-La Cafe & Grill: Naanstop Pleasure!

My wife and I spent the day in San Francisco yesterday. Holiday shopping, a brisk walk in a cold breeze along the marina, and, we thought, dinner at a favorite restaurant overlooking the yacht basin, Greens. But they were closed!

We decided to drive back towards home and stop for dinner along the way. I thought of Tara's family's restaurant, Shangri-La Cafe & Grill.

Oh, boy! We loved the service (Tara's mom and older sister), the food, and the cafe atmosphere. We started out with two appetizers Chilli Chicken appetizer and vegetable Momo. The main courses we ordered were Veggie Masala and Lamb Curry, both delicious, and accompanied by garlic Naan. Dessert was the rice puddling.

We'll be back! Yum!

3 comments:

Barbra Stephens said...

Sounds delicious. I will have to try it with my hubby, too! I will say you recommended it.

Dan Gurney said...

Great, Barbra. Do you live around here?

Barbra Stephens said...

In the bay area. Close enough too good food & good people...:)