Thursday, October 1, 2009

Reading 30 Names

Three kindergartners can read the names of all their classmates as well as the names of Mrs. Frech and Mr. Gurney. The purpose of this post is to give your child the opportunity to practice this skill at home until he or she can do this trick as well. Learning to read the names of all the classmates is a good exercise of early reading skills as well as pro-social: learning the names of people who share your life is just good manners.

So, here are the names of all the kids in class:




There. All 30!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What enthusiasm! How refreshing! My Kindergarten teacher was like a stale piece of toast-may she rest in peace. I recently started blogging, I'm at
http://intellokids.blogspot.com/
Hope to hear from you & I know you will keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Brenden wants to know where you and Mrs. Frech are =)

Dan Gurney said...

Brenden thinks complete thoughts. I just plain forgot to photograph our names on the west wall. If I remember, I can add them next week. Don't worry: to earn that little blue star, everyone has to read Mr. Gurney and Mrs. Frech, just as Brenden did.

Dan Gurney said...

I love the Intellokids blog. I include a link to it.

Kerri Petersen said...

Funny, Dylan said something similar. First, we read all the names, and then we counted 28 names and he said we were missing 2, Mr. Gurney and Mrs. Frech to make 30 names.

Kerri Petersen said...

Oh and Dylan just said, "Mommy, I love Kindergarten. And Mr. Gurney too. He makes Kindergarten fun." And now, he's singing the Soundabet! Again! Thanks for everything.

Dan Gurney said...

Kerri-- Dylan's another one of the deep thinkers in this class. They take everything in, think about it, and then come up with some insightful and interesting responses. I LOVE that!!

And, take my word for it, a LOT of what makes kindergarten fun is the kids who show up to learn. We got a lot of thinking going on in our class this year.

Dan Gurney said...

Here I am on Tuesday, October 5 fixing the original post so that it includes all 30 names, including Mr. Gurney and Mrs. Frech.