Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Day's Doings

Yesterday I talked about how some God's Eye weavings are really carefully done. Here's an example of what I was talking about. Mia made this one by herself.


Blocks are among the best toys available. Every day some new idea is built.


I was "arrested" for speeding while riding (slowly, I swear!) around the playground on litter patrol. I went along when they told me that I would need to pay a fine of 10 hundred dollars.

"10 hundred dollars!" that's a lot of money. "I don't have 10 hundred dollars, but I have a thousand dollars. Would you take that?" I said.

They thought it over. "O.K. We'll take a thousand."

"Great! Let me pay you," I said.

And I produced a pretend wallet and doled out 10 one-hundred dollar bills, counting, "one hundred, two hundred, three hundred, four hundred, five hundred, six hundred, seven hundred, eight hundred, nine hundred, one thousand! One thousand is 10 hundred."

They shrugged their shoulders, and we rode off.

2 comments:

Alden said...

Dan great to see what are universal activities, blocks, gods eye weaving etc - great stuff - your kids are lucky to have such a sensitive and thoughtful teacher.

Dan Gurney said...

Thanks, Alden. I have to say I like those old things blocks, bikes, yarn, and so on. It recalls a happier, simpler, and more spacious era.