Thursday, February 12, 2009

Daily News

We pretended to be monkeys... as I read aloud "Caps for Sale" by Esphyr Slobodkina (say that name three times fast). I'm not sure the verb "read" is quite accurate, it's more of a performance.
Anyway, the students had a good time dramatizing the monkey lines. I even got my hat to throw down.

We had "choice time" today for the first time in quite a while. The students who went outside with me rode bikes around the playground and picked up all the litter we could find.

In KIDS club we took a few minutes out of our reading/writing/DIBELS/routines to stretch our legs on the acreage behind the creek. I happened to take my camera along and snapped a photo.


Such a lovely setting our school is in!

2 comments:

James Gurney said...

What a beautiful photo of the rolling hills with the cloud shadows. A welcome relief from the long months of snow we've had back east.

I'd love to see a video of you guys doing the monkey acting!

Mr. Kinder said...

I'll try to get some video of that on a rereading. Good idea. I really enjoyed your post Marriage and the Muse.