Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School Night tomorrow

Please come to Back to School Night tomorrow at 6:30. I will open the doors at 6:25 and start promptly at 6:30.

I'll briefly go over the kindergarten curriculum and procedures and try to leave time to answer your questions. The kindergarten part of the meeting ends at 7:00 so that we can gather with parents from all the other grades in the western quad area.

The principal and the PTO president will make a presentation for you at that time.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night.

Mr. Gurney

P.S. As this may be your first Back to School Night, please bear in mind two things:

1. This is an occasion for adults. Please make arrangements for child care so you don't have a little one along.

2. The temptation to ask, "How's my child doing?" will be strong. There simply isn't time for conferencing, not even a micro conference. At our meeting tomorrow night I'll talk about how you can arrange to schedule a "check-in" conference with me if you wish to have one.

No comments: